PLACES TO VISIT
Hartwell is a pleasant country village with a shop and a pub. It is surrounded by fields with many rural footpaths. Ashton House is a ten minute walk from the ancient Salcey Forest with its famous tree top walk and Forest Café. We are only 3 miles from the M1 (Junction 15). Northampton 8 miles, Milton Keynes (a major regional shopping destination) 10 miles - both towns have frequent, fast trains to London, Birmingham and the NEC. Oxford is 40 miles by road. Cambridge 53 miles.
The area has many attractions for visitors.
- Salcey Forest (1 Mile)
- Stoke Bruerne canal village and museum (3 miles)
- Silverstone Circuit (12 miles)
- Towcester Race Course (6 miles)
- Milton Keynes Eventing Centre (4 miles)
- Stowe Landscape Gardens (15 miles)
- Althorp House (14 miles)
- Cottesbrooke Hall and gardens (18 miles)